Healing in Luxury Rehab
Addiction recovery allows someone to make a complete shift in thought and behavior patterns. Replacing the thought distortions that have kept an individual mired in unhealthy, self-destructive substance use with productive, life-affirming thinking can have a profoundly positive affect on life in recovery. The luxury rehab offers the proven tools that will assist in making these dramatic changes in daily life while also inspiring a complete renewal of spirit.
It is important to realize that addiction knows no socioeconomic boundaries; its destructive effects impact people from all walks of life, including the wealthy. The stressors or factors that can contribute to a substance use disorder may differ in this or that community, but the road to addiction and chemical dependence is stunningly universal.
For individuals who can indulge in an upscale rehab setting, Capo by the Sea captures the natural beauty of the ocean to create an atmosphere that is highly conducive to healing. This luxury treatment program indulges clients with high-end accommodations and amenities that allow them to overcome addiction in a comfortable environment. Why not enjoy every creature’s comfort while traveling the path to wellness in recovery.
What to Expect
When picturing a drug rehab it is common to imagine a drab, depressing facility where cafeteria-style food and uninspiring therapists help you pass the time until the discharge date. Thankfully, the recovery industry is increasingly responsive to clients requesting a positive, edifying experience within a luxurious setting. A luxury rehab program represents premium offerings, complete with extra amenities, services, and pampering that can make the experience as satisfying as it is lifesaving.
A luxury rehab includes such amenities as:
Luxury treatment centers feature highly desirable geographic settings, such as beach communities, mountain resorts, or lakeside retreats. Being in such beautiful surroundings can significantly enhance the treatment experience. Taking advantage of the natural beauty, these luxury rehabs offer resort-like outdoor retreats with beautiful views, grounds that are conducive to promoting the healing process and feeding the soul. This is the case with Capo by the Sea, a seaside luxury treatment center that maximizes exposure to the healing features of a beach community.
If you are seeking the most luxurious rehab environment you no doubt are accustomed to the finer things in life. Luxury rehabs take addiction treatment to the top level, with deluxe appointments similar to a high-end resort. Luxury rehabs tend to be more responsive to individual needs and preferences due to the more intimate setting and a higher level of individualized care.
ARE LUXURY REHABS EFFECTIVE IN TREATING ADDICTION?
Luxury rehabs make the treatment experience more comfortable and enjoyable. When a client feels they are valued and that their needs are being fulfilled, the more engaged they will be with the program. In fact, client engagement and participation while in rehab is seen as a gauge of recovery success.
That said, no amount of pampering can supplant the importance of a solid program that uses the most effective treatment modalities, has a skilled, expert staff, treats each client with respect and compassion, and emphasizes continuing care activities following completion of the program. These are the things that make a program effective, not the thread count of the sheets.
When researching the various luxury rehabs available it is essential to know what features to look for. The right rehab fit is important to a successful outcome. Learning about the guiding philosophy of the program, whether they use 12-step programming or also offer alternative non 12-step, and the specific services they offer are all important considerations when making your rehab selection.
There are certain important features to look for when seeking a high quality addiction treatment program, including the following:
As consumers it is important to get answers to the above inquiries to be able to make a sound decision about the best luxury rehab from which to receive treatment for a substance use disorder.
Realizing You Need Addiction Treatment
It isn’t always easy to know at first that a substance abuse problem has emerged. Some people manage to be very high functioning while in their addiction, surprising even themselves as they manage to carry on conducting business as usual. However, others may watch their lives begin to crumble, with one dire consequence piling on to the other like a snowball rolling downhill.
There are, however, certain signs that substance use has become problematic. Addiction follows a very predictable path, so these are very common warning signs, including:
When these warning signs are present it is important to seek professional help.
TOUR OUR FACILITIES
Get a glimpse of what ‘top of the line’ means. Take a tour of our grounds and check out the upscale private home setting. You will feel right at home in the lap of luxury. Get the treatment you need in this deluxe beachside setting.
A luxury rehab centers is typically a smaller, more intimate venue with the finest appointments, including organic foods, holistic spa-type services, and special recreational perks such as golf, surfing, or even day trips. But the trappings are unimportant if the treatment program is not of the highest caliber. At Capo by the Sea a comprehensive treatment approach includes the following proven treatment elements:
Detox is the first phase on the path to recovery, during which the substance is eliminated from the body over a period of days within a supervised environment. A monitored detox will provide the necessary oversight of the withdrawal symptoms that occur during detoxification. Having trained personnel available to manage the symptoms and offer emotional support can help avoid emergencies as well as help ensure the individual progresses to active treatment. Completing a monitored detox is the prerequisite for entering the treatment phase of recovery.
These are the psychotherapy modalities that have been clinically studied with scientifically quantified results. These therapies focus on helping individuals change their habitual thought and behavior patterns. Making these adjustments is necessary in order to manage the cravings or triggers that are ongoing in recovery. Some of these evidence-based therapies include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). CBT helps the client identify dysfunctional or irrational thoughts and behaviors that occur in response to some outside trigger or situation. Once identified, the CBT therapist coaches the client to replace the destructive responses to these triggers with new, healthy patterns of thinking and behaving.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). DBT is a cousin to CBT that has four components: skills training, individual therapy, phone coaching, and therapist consultation. DBT teaches life skills to manage emotions and cravings, and is particularly helpful for dual diagnosis patients who have a mental health disorder, too.
- Contingency management (CM). CM uses a reward system to help motivate sustainable change in addiction recovery. When a client meets their goals or benchmarks they receive a tangible reward that has value to them, inspiring them to continue towards recovery goals.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (MET). MET involves motivational interviewing principles used to increase motivation to stay sober and build a plan for change. MET helps the client increase their commitment to treatment and is particularly effective with those dependent on alcohol and marijuana.
There is power in numbers, and group therapy exhibits this well. People benefit when opening up and sharing personal experiences, challenges, and triumphs. Peers bond through these sessions, which cultivates a sense of mutual support within the rehab environment. Licensed therapists or clinicians direct the flow of discussion by proposing topics relevant to addiction recovery, and then facilitate conversation around these topics. In addition, the therapist can guide individuals within the group sessions to practice effective communication styles and conflict resolution techniques.
Families can fall victim to the devastating effects of addiction in the home. In recovery, it is helpful to all family members to work together toward establishing new healthy boundaries, to identify and avoid enabling behaviors, and to offer support for their loved one in their recovery journey. The family-focused therapy sessions also provide opportunities to heal hurt feelings and resentment that resulted from the individual’s active addiction.
Many who have a substance use disorder also have coexisting mental health disorder, such as anxiety, bipolar disorder, or depression. If there is a co-occurring disorder present then the rehab you select should be staffed to manage both disorders simultaneously. For a successful recovery outcome, the mental health issue must also be treated.
MAT is useful in helping individuals transition from addiction to recovery through drugs such as naltrexone, methadone, or buprenorphine. It has been found that many will benefit from the addition of MAT into their treatment planning. The drugs are closely monitored during and after rehab, as they too can be misused. MAT is only prescribed alongside ongoing psychotherapy.
Educating individuals about how addiction develops in the first place can be helpful in deterring relapse. In the luxury rehab setting, classes will be held to teach about the neurological aspects of addiction, as well as psychosocial education that focuses on learning new coping skills. Further, clients are coached to develop their personal relapse prevention plan with detailed actionable steps to deter a relapse.
Recovery community meetings, such as through AA or NA twelve step groups or SMART Recovery meetings, are often integrated into the rehab program. Social support is an important treatment element that helps individuals in recovery feel they have a source for help and guidance, especially in the early months of recovery. Clients should try out a few recovery meetings before deciding on the best fit for them.
Luxury rehabs offer complementary activities that enhance relaxation and reduce anxiety, such as:
- Yoga. Yoga offers a blend of spiritual and physical activities, such as poses, positions, and movements that are choreographed for calming the mind while toning muscles and stretching the body.
- Breath work. Deep breathing can be done anywhere at any time, offering a fast reduction in heart rate and blood pressure when anxiety emerges. Breathe in slowly to the count of 5, hold breath for a count of 5, then slowly release breath through the mouth to a count of 5. Repeat 5 times.
- Massage. Therapeutic massage promotes deep relaxation while also helping the body to eliminate toxins trapped in muscles and soft tissue.
- Acupuncture. Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese tradition that uses small needles that are inserted strategically into parts of the body. For addiction treatment, this region is usually the ear, where five points of the ear are targeted.
- Meditation. Quiet meditation or prayer can be invaluable for calming the mind and achieving a state of peaceful tranquility. One of the most utilized types of meditation is the practice of mindfulness. Mindfulness involves training the mind to ignore distracting, worrying thoughts and to focus on the present moment without casting judgment.
- Aromatherapy. Essential oils have powerful healing properties and have been found to be useful in addiction recovery. Aromatherapy using oils such as bergamot, chamomile, rose, ylang ylang, and lavender can help induce relaxation and reduce stress.
- Art therapy. Where psychotherapy is centered on a conversation between therapist and client, art therapy provides a nonverbal manner to express feelings. Art therapy is very useful for individuals who are not comfortable expressing themselves verbally.
- Recreation. Rehab must strike a balance between the hard work of therapy and rest. For this reason, it is important that the program includes some form of recreational activities to provide both diversion and physical exercise. Luxury rehab programs may include outdoor activities, such as golf, water sports, and hiking.
Contact our Luxury Rehab Today
Capo by the Sea is a premier luxury rehab that offers beautiful surroundings, attentive staff, and knowledgeable professionals. We accept numerous insurances, and will work with you to determine which services are covered. Call us today at (888) 529-2114 to see if a luxury rehab California experience might be right for you, or use our website to speak with a trained drug professional right away.
Call for Confidential Assessment
Hablamos Español & English
Serving Clients Nationally & Internationally