Bring Your Best Friend to Pet Friendly Rehab
At Capo By the Sea, we understand how much your animal companion contributes to your sense of wellbeing. As animal lovers ourselves, we understand how a furry friend can help elevate mood, get us outside socializing with others, and give us unconditional love. Knowing how important emotional wellbeing is to the healing process in recovery, Capo By the Sea can make arrangements for your beloved pet(s) to accompany you during your time with us.
Getting help for a drug or alcohol addiction often involves a lengthy stay at an inpatient treatment center. For individuals with pets, this can set up an obstacle to getting treatment, as the thought of leaving their cherished animal behind is unthinkable for many. People rely on the comfort of having their pet close by, especially during difficult seasons in life.
Some rehabs, like Capo By the Sea, recognize the significance of the relationship between our clients and their furry companions and that, by allowing the animal to join the client, a better treatment outcome is probable. Why is this? Here are some of the benefits of having one’s pet along at rehab:
- Pets accept us warts and all. Addiction can take a huge toll on feelings of self-worth. In early recovery, there is an adjustment period that can be punctuated with feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem. Our beloved pets don’t care about our missteps and mistakes. They do not judge. Instead, a pet offers unconditional support and love at a time when it is sorely needed.
- Pets are calming. There is much scientific evidence of the emotional benefits of having a pet. Just having a pet at one’s side promotes a sense of calm and reduces anxiety. When interacting with a pet, neurochemical changes occur in the blood, such as increased levels of serotonin, oxytocin, and prolactin, and reduced levels of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- Pets keep us accountable. After sometimes years of tending to the demands of their addiction, individuals in recovery may need to learn how to be accountable to others again. Having a pet in rehab begins that process of accountability to some one or some thing outside of oneself. A pet requires feeding, grooming, and exercise, allowing the individual to take responsibility for its care.
- Pets get us moving. Whether it is a daily dog walk or just dumping out the cat litter, having a pet around keeps us active. Where someone in early recovery might be tempted to lie around all day, the demands of the pet will get them off the couch. Physical exercise is beneficial to recovery, helping to restore depleted physical health and improve mood. Why not enjoy a daily walk with Fido?
- Pets give us a sense of security. While in rehab, it is common for people to feel out of place, at least in the beginning. Adjusting to living with complete strangers for a length of time is made easier with your pet lying next to you. Just their presence instills a sense of security and comfort, which can make the rehab stint go much smoother.
Get Help at Pet Friendly Capo By the Sea
Call to speak with an admissions specialist about pet friendly rehab options at (888) 529-2114
Note: Per case basis with added fee depending on the size of the dog and based on availability of pet friendly accommodations. There is a 20 Pound Maximum on the size of the dog.
Additional Cost: Under 15 Pounds: $2500, over 15 Pounds: $4500. These costs are required due to damaged property and added insurance cost.
Requirements: Must have current shots/vaccinations, have homeowners/renters insurance, and the animal must be approved by Capo by The Sea management.
- About Coke Mouth and Cocaine Addiction Treatment April 29, 2019
- Drinking Alcohol and Taking Ambien—A Dangerous Combo April 17, 2019
- 20 Recovering Alcoholic Quotes By Those Who Want to Inspire Others April 3, 2019
- Long Term Morphine Use Withdrawal Process March 26, 2019
- Understanding Withdrawal Symptoms From Xanax March 22, 2019